Friday, June 11, 2010

Travel Photos...Buildings in Leipzig, Germany

So a few months ago I found out I was going to travel to Leipzig, Germany and Paris for my full time job. Although I've been bursting with excitement over this trip, I've kept it completely hush hush from the blog. One, because I consider the blog to be about our journey of building our online retail business into a someday brick & mortar store. And two...I honestly was afraid that the trip could get canceled at any moment.

Anyone who travels for work, knows that you only get a fraction of the time that you want to explore the city you're in. That's been the dead-on truth for my trip so far, but I have had a few hours to walk around and explore the wonder that is Leipzig.

Downtown Leipzig is riddled with A-M-A-Z-I-N-G buildings. I found out that since Leipzig is in East Germany, this beautiful architecture is from the pre-Communist era. There are some buildings that have a more modern feel, but for the most part, Leipzig feels like a different world. Walking down cobblestone streets between building that look like they could be straight off a movie set and where bicycles and pedestrians are the norm and cars are the minority has been completely eye opening to how different the European lifestyle is from our own.







Tomorrow it's off to Berlin to site see for a few hours and then off to Paris. Stay tuned for more pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment